Wednesday 14 September 2016

13 Things That Could Be Sabotaging Your Run


13 Things That Could Be Sabotaging Your Run

If you’ve been jogging regularly a few times a week, or have just recently dipped your (admittedly new) sneakers into the sport, chances are you have already started feeling some of the benefits of running -- like an improved mood, higher self-esteem, and stronger muscles. I know that even after I’ve had a terrible day, a good run or workout can instantly improve my outlook on life, boost my confidence, and make me feel 10 times better than I did before lacing up my running shoes. I guess endorphins from working out really do make you happy!

Unfortunately, simply adopting the habit of running doesn’t instantly set you on a fast track to fitness success. While there’s no doubt that running has proven, scientifically-backed physical and mental advantages, it’s not all endorphins and rainbows. There’s many opportunities to unintentionally sabotage your run, from trying to set a faster pace than you can handle, to wearing the wrong shoes. It doesn’t matter if you’re a veteran with multiple marathon medals at home, or a newbie looking to finish your first 5k: we’re all susceptible to a variety of common mistakes that could make running more difficult, or even lead to injury. To help your running career go a lot more smoothly, here are 13 things you might be doing that are sabotaging your run.
Source: bustle.com


No comments:

Post a Comment